After more than 60 years operating as an inn, Hampton Terrace’s guest rooms finally have names. It is not that they needed names…Main House 1 was pretty descriptive…but we decided that this was an opportunity to help tell the history of the property in a colorful way.
EDMUND SPENCER ROOM (1852-1873)
Earliest records for this property show that the first home was built by Edmund Spencer (1826-1894), a harness maker in 1852. It was replaced by R. S. Oliver in 1873. Mr. Spencer is buried in Lenox at the Church on the Hill cemetery.
A “romantic” room, featuring a lovely queen size white iron bed with a net canopy. Fluffy down comforter and vintage throw pillows along with antique furniture complete this room’s special ambiance. This corner room includes leaded glass windows, television/VCR, a fireplace and CD player with romantic classical CDs. Enjoy a 72″ Ultra Spa Tub in the new bathroom. Air conditioning, iron and ironing board, hair dryer and bath amenity collection.