Tanglewood, one of the world’s most famous summer music festivals, is back and better than ever this year! Opening night of the 2017 Tanglewood season is Friday, July 7th at 8:00pm and the announced lineup is exciting! Boston Symphony Orchestra (BSO) music director Andris Nelsons will lead 10 programs over the course of four weeks at Tanglewood, including two large Boston Symphony Orchestras. There are many wonderful performances to see.
Events will take place as close as 5 minutes from our top-rated Lenox, MA inn. Stay with us and enjoy being close to the shows, and walking distance from downtown dining. Book early before we sell out!Book Now
Here’s a taste of what you can look forward to…
- Opening Night will kick off with Mahler’s Symphony No. 2, Resurrection, feauturing Malin Christensson and Bernarda Fink
- Garrick Ohlsson a Koussevitzky artist will be participating in five Tanglewood events. He will be the soloist for the Tanglewood on Parade concert and will perform Aaron Copland’s Piano Concerto with the Tanglewood Music Center Orchestra!
- Violinist Joshua Bell will perform Mozart’s Violin Concerto No. 1 with conductors Charles Dutoit and New World Symphony and Brahms’s Piano Concerto No. 2.
- Humorist David Sedaris will also make a Tanglewood appearance and will perform alongside popular artists. Don’t miss their unique contribution to this year’s lineup.
- Emerson Quartet will perform Mark-Anthony Turnage’s Shroud for string quartet.
- For full details: Download the 2017 Tanglewood Brochure (PDF) as well as the 2017 Tanglewood Performance Listing (PDF)
Hurry, the most popular dates sell out fast! Book your room early and purchase tickets here.
We look forward to seeing you this summer at Tanglewood!