Craft beer breweries are thriving in the Berkshires. What comes to mind when you consider craft beer in Western Massachusetts? Award-winning, excellence, and availability ought to be at the top of the list as several of the best craft beer breweries in Massachusetts are situated on the main streets and back roads west of the Quabbin Reservoir.
Whether you are just starting out in pursuit of malt beverage excellence or you have shaped a lifetime out of chasing the perfect pint, touring the craft beer breweries of the Berkshires is a fantastic way to experience the local craft beer culture. From delicious stouts and lagers to savory steaks and sandwiches, each of these five craft beer breweries are within a short drive from the Hampton Terrace Bed & Breakfast:
- Brew masters Bill and Christine Heaton have more than a decade of experience brewing craft beers in the Berkshires and now operate the Big Elm Brewery at 65 Silver Street in Sheffield MA.
- Chuck full of award-winning brews, the beer found on the list at John Harvard’s Brewery & Ale House will satisfy the brew connoisseur. John Harvard’s is located along the slopes of Jiminy Peak at 37 Corey Road in Hancock, MA.
- Serving pints and flights of their own solar-brewed craft beers, the impressive selections of the Barrington Brewery & Restaurant are located at 420 Stockbridge Road in Great Barrington, MA.
- Right around the corner in the heart of the Berkshires is brewer Bert Holdredge, who won the 2011 Brewers Choice Prize in the 2011 NYC Homebrew Competition. The story of his Wandering Star Brewery was featured in an edible Berkshires article, and is located at 11 Gifford Street, Pittsfield, MA. Wandering Star is not a brewpub, so you’ll need to bring your growlers.
- Located at 169 College Hwy, Southampton, MA, the beer, beverage, and steakhouse dining specials offered by Opa Opa Steakhouse & Brewery are qualified to satisfy the whole family.
Please keep The Hampton Terrace Bed & Breakfast in mind when planning a craft beer brewery tour or any other getaway to the Berkshires. If you’d like to discover more about what our bed & breakfast has to offer, subscribe to our blog, or see what others have to say about their experience with us on TripAdvisor and Yelp. Hampton Terrace is committed to making our guests’ stay memorable. Contact Us with any needs you may have in planning your trip and we’ll be happy to accommodate!