After more than 60 years operating as an inn, Hampton Terrace’s guest rooms finally have names. It is not that they needed names…Main House 2 was pretty descriptive…but we decided that this was an opportunity to help tell the history of the property in a colorful way.
Kate d’Anterroches Bonner Room
Older Lenox residents remember Kate d’A Bonner to be the cream of Lenox society in the 1920s and 30s. Her parents, Robert “Ed” Bonner, Jr. and Kate d’A Griffith Bonner inherited the New York Ledger, NYC’s largest weekly newspaper, which was founded by her grandfather, Robert Bonner, an Irish immigrant. They purchased this home, Wynnstay, in 1917 from the Struthers. It was renamed after one of their sons, Hampton, and then given to Kate in 1920. The maternal side of the family is French and directly descended from General Lafayette.
This large front corner room is the original master bedroom and has a king bed and fireplace. Antiques and vintage fabrics, along with down comforters and warm peach walls create a peaceful haven. The view from the windows is of the beautiful and historic Trinity Church. The bath is oversized, featuring a walk-in shower. Television/VCR. CD player with romantic classical CDs. Air conditioning, iron and ironing board, hair dryer and bath amenity collection.