Summer in the Berkshires is a unique cultural experience marked by world-class music, art, and theatre performances. Whether youâre a first timer or a seasoned regular, we found the top things to see on your summer getaway â get ready to immerse yourself in a whole new world!
- The Rose Tattoo at the Williamstown Theatre Festival June 28th through July 17th – This summer festival brings together the best actors, directors, designers and playwrights to put on some of the best productions in the country! Talent abounds in this Tony-Award winning drama that follows a grieving widow who rediscovers hope through the arrival of a new love. Starring Marisa Tomei.
- The Merchant of Venice at Shakespeare & Company all of July: Get an authentic Shakespearean experience with this romantic tragedy. The action-packed story has been named one of Shakespeareâs most controversial yet poignant plays.
- Sensing Place & Crystal exhibits at The Clark Art Institute all summer: Enjoy the summer weather and check out these stunning outdoor exhibits.
- Crystal is a structure poised near the top of Stone Hill modeled to resemble a small piece of crystal scaled to âarchitectural proportionsâ.
- Sensing Place encourages visitors to contemplate the meaning and value of place as they explore the natural and cultural history of Stone Hill.
- Little Shop of Horrors from the Berkshire Theatre Group at the Colonial in Pittsfield: Add this to the list for a night of laughter and lively entertainment! From the rock and roll hits to the quirky humor, this unconventional musical is a fun departure from your typical Broadway performance.
- Rockwell and Realism in an Abstract World at the Norman Rockwell Museum opening June 17th: Check out this newly unveiled attraction before anyone else! This special exhibit places pieces from the abstract and realist movements side-by-side and features pieces by painters, illustrators and sculptors whose work dates back more that 60 years – all curated from museums across the country.
No trip to the Berkshires is complete without a stay in our historic Berkshires bed and breakfast and this summer you can afford an even longer vacation with our special midweek rates starting at $249 â saving up to $70 midweek nights! Join us for a truly unforgettable Berkshires getaway.